Dudders popping up in New York
- We're pretty close to both of the Fed's objectives
- We may have an inflation problem if you push unemployment much lower
Maybe my thoughts on the speed of these hikes holds some water? I doubt the Fed will risk jobs growth just to fight inflation.
- The economy can absorb the current rate path
- Economy will be able to adjust just fine
- Rate rise we've had in place is extraordinarily gradual
- Fed wants to make policy a little less accommodative
- We are seeking a soft landing by moving rates a little bit
- 10 year yields are pretty low
- Expects fixed income investing to be less attractive going forward since rates are rising
- The general expectation is for longer-term market rates to rise as the Fed tightens
- There's been a bond bull market since 1982
Now he's a bond trader.