NZ data - December ANZ Job Ads: +1.6% m/m (prior was +2.9%)
Job advertisement series from ANZ Bank in New Zealand
For December, in at +1.6% m/m
- The result for November was +2.9%, the strongest monthly growth in almost two years, and came from a high base; job ads having risen every month since September 2015
- No, wait ... the prior has been revised up to +3.1% m/m. In the November report ANZ said the +2.9% was 'as good as it gets'. I guess not.
For December, the result brings 2016 job ad growth to its strongest (annually) since 2011
- Job ads have now risen for 16 months in a row (seasonally adjusted)
- "Such a string of increases flags very strong demand for labour" says ANZ
ANZ comments on what 2017 will bring ...
- The current strength of labour demand flags stronger wage growth in 2017