New Zealand data: Net migration in April 5780 (prior 6130)
This is not much of an immediate focus for the FX
As I said earlier:
of interest insofar as it influences NZ house prices, economic growth and thence RBNZ interest rates. Or so the story goes. TBH it is of minor impact.
For April, 5780
- March was 6100 but revised up to 6130
As part of this data is tourism arrivals, which are surging, this from Stats NZ:
- Visitor arrivals for the April 2017 year numbered 3.6 million, setting a new annual record.
- The April 2017 annual total was up 10 percent from the April 2016 year.
- Visitor arrivals numbered 311,900 in the April 2017 month, up 55,200 (21 percent) from April 2016.
- Easter holidays, which fell in April this year but in March in 2016, likely contributed to the increase.
- "Almost 35,000 more holiday-makers arrived in New Zealand in April 2017 than in April 2016, which was the main contributor to the strong overall increase in visitor arrivals in April"