Germany says it's not government policy to impose sanctions on US for climate agreement withdrawal
German government spokesman reply to questions over the US decision 2 June
Earlier Merkel had this to say on Trump's decision to pull out from the Paris Accord:
- decision very regrettable
- Paris accord remains cornerstone on intl efforts to fight global warming
- US decision wont stop us from cont8inuing efforts to protect environment
- we need Paris climate deal to protect creation and Mother Earth
- Germany will strongly support Fiji Islands in preparing next climate conf
Take that Donald, says Angie.
Merkel - " Oi, Donald, watch your step. "