Forexlive Americas forex news wrap: USD little changed/mixed
Forex news for the NY session on January 10, 2017
Intro Paragraph Text Here.
- Nasdaq closes at another record high
- Preview: Trump to hold first press conference since July. What it means for markets
- Crude oil futures settle at $50.82 per barrel
- S&P 500 fades back to unchanged as energy weighs
- Forex technical analysis: USDMXN making new all time highs
- Euro falls to session low in back-and-forth session. What's next
- Atlanta Fed GDPNow unchanged at 2.9% for Q4
- Richmond Fed President Jeffrey Lacker to hang up his boots in October
- Macron tipped to beat both Le Pen and Fillon if they meet in second round elections
- Forex technical analysis: GBPUSD new day highs, goes nowhere.
- Mixed fortunes for Europe's stock markets at the close
- It remains to be seen whether UK can stay in single market after exit
- Eurozone inflation...er I mean oil is dropping at an alarming rate
- Draghi's been hacked
- JOLTS job openings for November 5.522M vs 5.500M estimate
- US November wholesale sales +0.4% vs +0.5% m/m expected
- Here's why forecasters might be waiting a while for parity in EURUSD
- Bill Gross falls in love with technical analysis
- Larry Summers has some bizarre logic on the value of the dollar
- Canada November building permits -0.1% vs -6.0% expected
- The strongest and weakest currencies as NA traders enter for the day
- Canada Dec housing starts 207.0K vs 190.0K expected
In other markets:
- US stocks were mixed with the S&P ending the day unchanged. the Nasdaq up 0.36%. and the Dow down -0.16%
- US bonds yields were up about 0.5 to 1.1 basis point.
- Crude oil was down by over 2% on continued OPEC production concerns
- Spot gold was up about $7.00 or 0.59% on Brexit concerns and a slowing dollar
- European stocks ended the session mostly higher. German Dax up +0.17%, UK FTSE uo +0.52%, France CAC unchanged, Spain Ibex -0.43%, Italy MIB +0.33%.
- The EURUSD trading range was only 76 pips (the 22-day average is 109).
- The GBPUSD traded in a 83 pip range (average 119 pips).
- The USDCHF was 67 vs 87 average.
- The USDCAD was 65 vs 92 pip average.
- NZDUSD which had an 89 pip range vs its 74 pip average and the .
- USDJPY which had a respectable 115 pip range.