Fitch ratings says Geopolitical tensions rise; China hard landing risk recedes
Reuters with some headlines from the latest from Fitch: 1Q17 edition of Risk Radar Asia-Pacific (APAC) report.
- A rise in regional geopolitical tensions and trade protectionism risks counteract the lower near-term risks of a hard landing for China's economy
- Despite signs that there is greater awareness of rising financial risks, reliance on credit expansion by Chinese policymakers to support the economy continues
- Medium-term macroeconomic imbalances are expected to build this year
- Fitch expects sharper increases in US interest rates in the next several years than markets currently factor in
- Together with a potential rise in trade protectionism, APAC economies may face key external risks
- Tensions on the Korean peninsula, if allowed to escalate further, may bring additional disruptions to regional stability
Pretty much agree on the China & Asia comments. Given what's happening in the US recently I'm not quite so sure the Fed will be so gung-ho on hikes.
Baked beans, guns, ammo, bunkers - yes.
Rate hikes - nah.