The snapshot of the winners and losers at the end of day.
December 7, 2017 strongest and weakest currencies
The forex day is in the books, and the winners and losers in the forex market are showing the GBP, the overwhelming strongest currency, while the NZD is the weakest currency. The USD is higher vs all the currencies with exception of the GBP, but it still came in a distant 2nd. The GBP is higher on hopes for a resolution on divorce and Ireland border situation tomorrow.
The ranges and changes show the GBP pairs obviously on the most of those pairs are also going out at highs for the GBP.
In other markets:
- Spot gold fell -$16.28 or -1.29% to $1247.06.
- WTI crude oil was up $0.68 or 1.22% at $56.64
- US stocks closed higher with the S&P up 0.29%, the Nasdaq up 0.54% and the Dow up 0.29%
- US yields were mostly higher. 2 year 1.803%, unchanged. 5 year 2.136%, up 1 bp. 10 year 2.361%, up 2.3 bp. 30 year 2.76%, up 3 bp
- Bitcoin is trading at $16,037.51