RBA Governor Glenn Stevens: Unlikely to be raising rates any time soon
Reserve Bank of Australia Governor Stevens:
- Says unlikely going to be raising rates anytime soon
- Says so "yes" RBA has a bias toward easing
Bloomberg with more:
The question has been for some years whether the RBA should sit or ease some more, RBA Governor Glenn Stevens says in testimony.
"So yes, if that's what we mean by a bias toward easing, then yes, that's correct"
"It's, I think, pretty unlikely we're going to be raising rates any time soon"
- RBA Governor Stevens: RBA retains flexibility to ease further
- RBA's Kent - Low oil prices won't have much impact on current LNG plans
- More from RBA's Stevens - Aussie banks small exposure to energy sector
AUD has done (net) very little today (AUD/JPY has, but that's all about the yen)
AUD/USD currently 0.7107