New Zealand - ANZ Consumer Confidence (April): -2.8% m/m (prior -1.7%)
NZ data from ANZ/ Roy Morgan
- 3rd consecutive monthly fall
- ANZ says the trend is still up
More from the ANZ report:
- We're not reading too much into it; it's monthly yo-yo equivocation as opposed to a change in trend at this stage.
- The level remains robust and consistent with good economic momentum.
- Inflation and house price expectations both lifted.
Our confidence composite gauge (which combines business and consumer sentiment, and so covers both the production and spending sides of the economy) continues to flag good economic momentum. Consumer confidence and firms' own activity expectations are north of average. Prospects are the same for GDP growth.
Inflation expectations survey (part of the data from ANZ and Roy Morgan). ANZ comments:
- 4% (was 3.4% last month)
NZ down a few tics ... not too much in it though.