Japan's Abe says he will strive to boost jobs, income and generate positive economic cycle
Japanese PM Abe speaking in Tokyo 19 June
- govt's top priority is still to continue economic revitalisation
- proceeding with growth strategy
- structural reforms key to revitalising economy
In your own time Mr A.
- aims to confirm close cooperation among Japan, US, S. Korea at G20 summit to deal with escalating provocation from N. Korea
- doesn't think closer US-China relationship will be of demerit to Japan
- wants to agree on broad framework on Japan-EU EPA asap
Meanwhile USDJPY finding sellers again around 111.20 and back down to 111.03. GBPUSD up to 1.2810 as EURGBP continues to fall and now testing 0.8730 support.
Abe - Thirsty work, all this jawboning