Hammond says UK election will give clear mandate for Brexit talks
UK finance minister in Washington for the G20 meeting 21 April
- UK economy is resilient
- strong consumer confidence
Really ? Perhaps he missed this morning's retail sales data on the way in.
Typically delusional politician talking his book.
- strong momentum behind a UK-US trade deal
Yep, good luck with that one.
- UK govt needs to restate fiscal mandate in next parliament
- new Conservative manifesto will be different
- can't manage economy now with 2015 manifesto
Oh, here we go.. Change in manifesto/fiscal programme? . Cue another kicking for the pound. GBPUSD down through range lows triggering the stops I highlighted earlier to 1.2757 on the uncertainty before bouncing back.
Anyhow I have to head off now. Massive game tomorrow for the mighty Shrimpers and we're making a weekend of it.
See you all back here Monday. Good trading and week-end to you all.