European stocks end session with solid gains
All major indices advance. Dax closes at record high.
The European stocks are closed and the major indices are racking up some solid gains:
- German Dax up 1.1% and at a record close.
- UK FTSE up 0.9%
- France's CAC up 1.0%
- Spain's Ibex is up 1.1%
- Portugal's PS120 is up 1.07%
- Italy's FTSE MIB is up 0.35%
In the 10 year debt market today:
- Germany 0.28%, unchanged
- UK 1.027%, up 1 bp
- France 0.629%, unchanged
- Spain 1.451%, unchanged
- Portugal 2.877$, - 4.2 bp
- Italy 1.956%, - 3.0 bp
US stocks near midday are up nicely as well with the Nasdaq leading the way. The S&P and Dow are making new record highs. The Nasdaq lags still:
- The Nasdaq is up 1.17% or 71 points to 6223.55
- The S&P is up 15.57 points or 0.64% to 2449
- The Dow is up 103.65 points or +0.49% to 21488.
US debt yields are higher
- 2 year 1.356%, up 4 bp
- 5 year 1.7731%, up 3 bp
- 10 year 2.170%, +1.9 bp
- 30 year 2.774%, unchanged.