Canada fin min - need to be focused on risks around consumer debt, trade
Bill Morneau is Canada's Minister of Finance, speaking to media in Ottawa
- Considered whether more actions are needed in housing market in discussions with provincial counterparts
- Home Capital is working through its challenges, settlement was "positive"
- Bank of Canada policymakers told ministers economy is doing better than expected
- We need to be focused on risks around consumer debt, trade policy
- Says BoC Governor Poloz says the economy is doing well but does cite ongoing risks
Morneau and Mr. T