Bank of Canada to form special committee to recruit successor for Carney
- Osborne says Charlie Bean will stay on for one extra year
- Carney will apply for British citizenship
- Carney will stay as BOC Gov until June 1
- Carney will serve until 2018
- Carney is ‘outstanding central banker of his generation’
I guess Carney didn’t like those Canadian winters.
As a Canadian, I feel a mixture of flattery and irritation. But the Bank of Canada is a well-run operation and it shouldn’t make much of a difference.
For the BOE, it’s a great move, it’s the most dysfunctional of the major central banks.