A light day for the economic data calendar in Asia
Get yourself a nap ahead of the weekend and the excitement sure to come late Sunday/early Monday:
But, here's what's up here on Friday in Asia:
0030GMT - Japan - Nikkei Preliminary Manufacturing PMI for April
- The March result was 52.4, a slowing from February but nevertheless capping off a solid Q1 for this indicator
- Yesterday we got trade balance data for March from Japan, another strong showing for exports
0100GMT - New Zealand - ANZ Consumer Confidence for April
- prior -1.7% m/m
- ANZ do an inflation expectations survey as part of this. Yesterday we got higher inflation figures from New Zealand (Q1), but the influences do appear transitory
0430GMT - Japan - Tertiary Industry Index for February
- expected 0.3%
- prior 0.0%
- The index is used as a proxy for domestic activity.
- It excludes manufacturing, looking at service industries catering mainly to the local economy. Exports are pretty much excluded.
- Looks at industry such as wholesale and retail trade, financial services, health care, real estate, leisure, utilities.